How to check a windows timestamp (remotely)?

Thu Jun 12 02:02:39 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:03:39AM -0500, Networks wrote:
> Has anyone tried checking the time stamp on a file (in windows) remotely
> as a plugin for Nagios? Basically I am trying to work with some batch
> jobs that re run every night and want to make sure the files are
> correctly updated by comparing the time stamp on the file.

that this is quite feasable in one of two ways :-

1 with smbclient //WinBOX//Share pass -u user -c 'ls; quit'

You will need to write a plugin to invoke smbclient and interpret its
output (check_disk_smb shows whats involved)

2 A very nice CPAN module called FileSys::SmbClient (I think) that
provides a _much_ nicer object interface to an SMB file system.

I am doing this with my own version - different requirements - of a
module like this quite successfully.

It may be be on CPAN eventually.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,