How to monitor virtually hosted websites? (newbie alert!)

Ton Machielsen ton.machielsen at private.com
Tue Jun 10 19:33:03 CEST 2003

Hi all,

My name is Ton Machielsen and i'm new to Nagios. I installed it
yesterday and to my surprise almost everything works.

I have a couple of questions:

statusmap.cgi, trends.cgi and histogram.cgi are not installed in sbin.
Why?
How can i monitor virtually hosted websites? I have seen examples where
they configure websites as hosts with different IP addresses, but i have
all my sites on one IP address. How?

That's all for now. I'm surprised that i got almost everything working,
even the NT servers.
Now i have to set up notifications. Let's see how that goes.

Thanks in advance.

Ton.