Problem with hostextinfo and hostgroup_name

Skrede at TWT.com Skrede at TWT.com
Tue Jun 10 15:55:22 CEST 2003

I don't believe you can use the hostgroup_name, but you can specify
multiple servers in the hostextinfo.

define hostextinfo{
        host_name       bonnie,clyde,unity1,6509-fxs-blade,6509-conference
        icon_image      ciscologo.jpg
        icon_image_alt  Cisco telephony
        statusmap_image ciscologo.jpg
        }

david skrede
skrede at twt.com

andrius at skynet.lt
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
06/10/2003 05:07 AM

        To:     nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
        cc:
        Subject:        [Nagios-users] Problem with hostextinfo and hostgroup_name

Hello, all,

I have following setup in my hostextinfo.cfg:

define hostextinfo{
                 name            mysql
                 icon_image      sun.png
                 icon_image_alt  Some Server
                 vrml_image      sun.png
                 statusmap_image sun.gd2
                 2d_coords       100,250
                 3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
                 register        0
}

define hostextinfo{
                 use             mysql
                 hostgroup_name  mysql-servers
}

Problem is, that nagios silently accepts this with no errors
or warnings, but I still cannot see sun.png shining in my status map for
all servers.

Idea behind this setup is to be able to apply "template", named "mysql"
to all servers, that are members of hostgroup "mysql-servers".

If this is not possible - can someone propose simple way to apply this
template
to multiple servers without manually defining each server - when you have
150 and
more the same type servers it is an issue...

Thanks,
Andrius

reporting any issue.