Problem with hostextinfo and hostgroup_name

andrius at skynet.lt andrius at skynet.lt
Tue Jun 10 12:07:04 CEST 2003

Hello, all,

I have following setup in my hostextinfo.cfg:

define hostextinfo{
	name            mysql
	icon_image      sun.png
	icon_image_alt  Some Server
	vrml_image      sun.png
	statusmap_image sun.gd2
	2d_coords       100,250
	3d_coords       100.0,50.0,75.0
	register        0
}

define hostextinfo{
	use             mysql
	hostgroup_name  mysql-servers
}

Problem is, that nagios silently accepts this with no errors
or warnings, but I still cannot see sun.png shining in my status map for
all servers.

Idea behind this setup is to be able to apply "template", named "mysql"
to all servers, that are members of hostgroup "mysql-servers".

If this is not possible - can someone propose simple way to apply this template
to multiple servers without manually defining each server - when you have 150 and
more the same type servers it is an issue...

Thanks,
Andrius