the same check_ping command and agruments works on NT box but not on SOLARIS, LINUX box

Phu Nguyen phu at uui.com
Tue Jun 10 01:37:17 CEST 2003

Hello,

This driving me crazy for days, I appreciate for any help and comment. Here
is my problem.

I install Nagios version 1.0 on Linux SUSE 7.0 box, it runs ok after
installed. In service_check for all NT box and Solaris, Linux boxes, I use
the same check_ping arguments  such as:

NT BOX:

--------------

define service{

            use
generic-service             ; Name of service template to use

            host_name                                            sys1_tn1

            service_description                   PING

            is_volatile                                             0

            check_period                           24x7

            max_check_attempts                3

            normal_check_interval              5

            retry_check_interval                 1

            contact_groups                         System1-admins

            notification_interval                   120

            notification_period                    24x7

            notification_options                   c,r

            check_command
check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%

            }

SOLARIS and LINUX :

--------------------------

define service{

            use                                           generic-service
; Name of service template to use

            host_name                                dev0orc1

            service_description                   PING

            is_volatile                                 0

            check_period                           24x7

            max_check_attempts                3

            normal_check_interval              5

            retry_check_interval                 1

            contact_groups                         SS7_ORC-admins

            notification_interval                   240

            notification_period                    24x7

            notification_options                   w,c

            check_command
check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%

            }

Phu Nguyen