disabling nrpe syslog

Dominik L. Borkowski dom at vbi.vt.edu
Sat Jun 7 07:16:39 CEST 2003

Is there a way to disable nrpe from logging? I have debug=0 in nrpe.cfg, yet
my logs are getting filled with:

Jun  7 01:20:33 gimli nrpe[5308]: INFO: SSL/TLS initialized. All network
traffic will be encrypted.
Jun  7 01:20:46 gimli nrpe[5365]: INFO: SSL/TLS initialized. All network
traffic will be encrypted.

in addition, I still can't figure out what part of nrpe causes this to show
up:

Jun  7 01:18:47 gimli kernel: svc: unknown version (0)
Jun  7 01:20:46 gimli kernel: svc: unknown version (0)

Before I go into the code, and disable all logging, I was wondering if there's
an 'official-supported' way of doing such.

thanks,
dom