Passive volatile not resending alerts

Mooney, Ryan ryan.mooney at pnl.gov
Fri Jun 6 23:02:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have a passive volatile service that I am trying to get to alert me every time
it changes (its in critical, and then I get another critical alert - I want to see
that to).  I see the status output change on the web page, but I never get the
notification except when it first goes critical, not on subsequent notifications.
I added the stalking option in an attempt to force it to work (the output from the
check is usually different each time it fails).  According to the docs if I define
it as volatile it SHOULD notify me everytime it gets an alert, any idea what I'm doing
wrong?

The service is setup like:

define service {
  hostgroup_name  lotsonodes