Monitoring Specific Port

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Jun 6 21:48:21 CEST 2003

Yes, it's one of the core plugins --

[root at oscar libexec]# ./check_tcp --help
check_tcp (nagios-plugins 1.3.0-alpha1) 1.1.1.1
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)

This plugin tests TCP connections with the specified host.

Usage: check_tcp -H host -p port [-w warn_time] [-c crit_time] [-s send]
         [-e expect] [-W wait] [-t to_sec] [-v]
 -H, --hostname=ADDRESS
    Host name argument for servers using host headers (use numeric
    address if possible to bypass DNS lookup).
 -p, --port=INTEGER
    Port number
 -s, --send=STRING
    String to send to the server
 -e, --expect=STRING
    String to expect in server response -W, --wait=INTEGER
    Seconds to wait between sending string and polling for response
 -w, --warning=INTEGER
    Response time to result in warning status (seconds)
 -c, --critical=INTEGER
    Response time to result in critical status (seconds)
 -t, --timeout=INTEGER
    Seconds before connection times out (default: 10)
 -v    Show details for command-line debugging (do not use with nagios
server)
 -h, --help
    Print detailed help screen
 -V, --version