SMTP relay check

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Jun 5 18:00:32 CEST 2003

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Do you actually have to check a particular MTA which seems to relay
most of the time, then for no apparent reason stops relaying
(and that you'd like to be paged out on this at 3:00am)?

Or are you looking for a tool/utility which can check arbitrary
MTAs on the Internet to see whether they're relaying or not?

If the latter, I think you're on the wrong mailing list.

jc