Nagios& Cacti - Ethan, I know you must get ton s of mails/day, please read the, nevertheless.

Daniel Rich drich at employees.org
Thu Jun 5 17:31:58 CEST 2003

I've cobbled together a check_cricket script that should work with any
rrd database.  I figured that since I'm polling everything with cricket
anyway I could offload the SNMP traffic by just looking at what I
already have in the rrd files.

I've attached the script if anyone is interested, and below is an
example of the configuration.  The one thing that is cricket specific is
the DS index instead of a DS name.  I decided to do that since cricket
uses fixed DS names instead of allowing the user to specify the DS name.

Someday I may update this to parse the cricket config so you could just
specify a name, but don't hold your breath... :)

define command{
         command_name    check_cricket
         command_line    $USER1$/check_cricket_data -R
/var/cricket/cricket-data$ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$
}

define service{
         host_name                       switch-1
         contact_groups                  switch-admins
         check_command
check_cricket!/Switches/switch-1/switch-1.rrd!1!50!80
         }