Install problem

Bill Hults ehults at paydata.com
Thu Jun 5 17:29:36 CEST 2003

Hi
I'm working on a new install of Nagios. I'm working on RH7.3 w/Apache
1.3.27. I've installed Nagios from source & the plugins from RPM. The
startup check returns 0 errors.
I have the web interface working with authentication but the hosts show up
with "(Return code of 126 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)"
messages. I can't find anything specific to this return code in the archives
though there is a FAQ about the generic issue.
The plugins are in /usr/lib/nogias/plugins & I have set that path for
$USER1$. Nagios is in /usr/local/nagios with cgi.cfg & nagios.cfg in ../etc.
The other config files are in /etc/nagios with the appropriate pointers in
nagios.cfg.
The Tactical Overview page shows a warning that the monitering process is
not running which suggests that the check_nagios plugin suffers from the
same problem.
When I start Nagios from inet.d it starts and gives a message "This account
is currently not available". I'm running Nagios as apache & the nagios start
script shows that user.
Any thoughts?
TIA

Bill Hults