Nagios& Cacti - Ethan, I know you must get tons of mails/day, please read the, nevertheless.

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Thu Jun 5 01:46:26 CEST 2003

from time to time this debate comes up. It usually devolves into everyones
favorite implementation of a RRDtool front-end.

I am not above this. I prefer Cricket. Some people prefer using APAN. APAN
is cool. Cricket is cool. I don't know cacti.

Inevitably these seem to be arguments about front-ends. If Nagios polled the
backend (rrd) then we would avoid having arguments about cacti vs cricket vs
APAN etc. Then everyone would have their preferred method sorted.

see here for a gmane based thread.
http://news.gmane.org/onethread.php?group=gmane.network.nagios.user&root=%3C
Pine.LNX.4.21.0304241224200.25293-100000%40hclmail.hclinsys.com%3E

http://news.gmane.org/onethread.php?group=gmane.network.nagios.user&root=%3C
C476216FED4D5342898C9A2CD9030952E3C4E1%40PKDWB02C.ad.sprint.com%3E

jamie