Problems with embedded perl under Solaris 8

Wed Jun 4 23:17:40 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:53:29PM +0200, Alex Kuehne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can not find a solution for the following issue:
>
> (Nagios 1.1 w/ embedded perl, Solaris 8, Perl 5.6.1, gcc 2.95.3)
>
> mini_epn stops with error
>
> <Can't locate object method "hndlr" via package "Embed::check_5fmysql"
> (perhaps you forgot to load "Embed::check_5fmysql"?) at p1.pl line 133.
>  >
> embedded perl plugin return code: 2. plugin output: (No output!)

that I think this is mini_epn's way of telling you that the plugin is
not coded with sufficient rigour to run properly under an embedded Perl
interpreter.

Unfortunately, syntactically correct Perl programs do _not_ necessarily
run under embedded Perl Nag (ePN).

> check_mysql.pl works fine from commandline with user nagios. The same
> occurs with plugin check_ntp, which is also a perl script.

Likewise, I think.

You can make sure that utils.pm is in the same directory as mini_epn and
if not, try it again with check_ntp.

Otherwise, your options are

1 Have a look at the Nag docco for ePN to get some hints about Perl
coding for ePN and correct the plugin.

2 Wait for someone else to try and do so.

check_ntp doesn't look as if it has any obvious problems; neither does
check_mysql (and it doesn't need utils.pm).

In anycase, mini_epn _should_ provide some more feedback on plugin
compilation failures (this is what is happening here: the plugin once it
is turned into the subroutine  named hndlr by p1.pl

sub hndlr {
 my @parms = @_ ;

 # plugin text

}