Use of check_mrtgtraf plugin

itamarf itamarf at pbh.gov.br
Wed Jun 4 20:03:02 CEST 2003

Hi !
I am trying to use the command check_mrtgtraf in my nagios management
system. I need some
help to configure the
*.cfg files. My configurations file are bellow.

checkcommands.cfg file

# 'check_mrtg_traf' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_mrtg_traf
        command_line    $USER1$/check_mrtgtraf -F $LOGFILE$ -a $ARG1$ -w

$ARG3$,$ARG4$ -c $ARG5$,$ARG6$
        }

services.cfg

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       prodabel-goias
        service_description          TRAFEGO
        is_volatile                         0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts         3
        normal_check_interval       1
        retry_check_interval         1
        contact_groups                  circuito-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command
check_mrtg_traf!10.0.24.1_7.log!MAX!200,210!225,230

The mrtg log file is /home/httpd/html/mrtg/10.0.24.1_7.log.

The message that I get is Unable to open MRTG log file

Thanks !

Best regards !

Itamar.