nagios doesn't send notifications - sometimes

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Jun 4 14:34:22 CEST 2003

hi all

this is strange... I've seen the same errors come up when using postgresql or
plain text files: Sometimes nagios just stops sending out notifications! I
can't see any falgs set on any hosts or services indicating scheduled
downtime. It just looks like it's supposed to. but no notifications are sent
out or even logged. Last notifications logged was 2 days ago, and we have
some services that sometimes generate quite a few errors (flapping detection
disabled).

Please help... I beleive this has been reported before.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester
ProntoTV AS - http://www.pronto.tv/