Nagios 1.1 rpms - MDK9.1 anyone?!?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Jun 4 05:41:03 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 09:51, stefmit wrote:
> Have tried to install the RH9 rpms (fresh new install!) on an MDK 9.1 box. Successful with base and plugins, but fails for the www part.
>
> # urpmi nagios-www-1.1-1.i386.rpm
> installing nagios-www-1.1-1.i386.rpm
> Installation failed:
>         libgd.so.1.8 is needed by nagios-www-1.1-1

RedHat 9 ships with gd-1.8, so you (or someone else) will need to build
the RPMs from the tarball.

'rpmbuild -ta nagios-1.1.tar.gz' ought to work, assuming the proper
development libraries are installed. If you go ahead and try the build,
be sure to let us know whether or not things worked out.

And feel free to post questions - the spec that come with the sources is
designed to be appliccable to a fairly wide variety of RPM-based
distributions - so if we missed anything relative to MDK, we'd like to
know.

(FWIW, I do have a custom gd-2.x installed on several of my RedHat
machines, and it works fine for me. But I'm reluctant to provide a
binary build from those machines becuase I have no real way of knowing
what other verion differences there are bethween RH and MDK.)

--
Karl