availability reports and downtime

Doug Ritchie dritchie at advanstar.com
Tue Jun 3 16:08:51 CEST 2003

Tim,

I've had this same problem, and the only way around it that I found was to
fiddle around with avail.c.  There's a commented call to
compute_subject_downtime_part_times in compute_subject_downtime_times toward the
end that, by the looks of the comment above it, is responsible for registering
scheduled downtime as such.  I uncommented that and had to tinker with one or
two other things before I finally got it reporting scheduled downtime correctly.
Prior to making those changes, all of my scheduled downtime was reported as
unscheduled, and I was having the same issues as you with reports to management.

I posted on the same topic a while ago and didn't hear anything back, which is
why I went and made the changes I did.  I'd feel more comfortable if someone
more qualified than I recognized the problem and corrected it officially,
though.

Doug

***** This e-mail is communicated in confidence. It is intended for the
recipient only and may not be disclosed further without the express
consent
of the sender. *****

Nagios 1.0
RedHat 7.2
Plugins 1.3.0

We have scheduled downtime for several hosts using the web front end
recently, which works great and we don't get any notifications about
services being down.

When I then check the availability reported by the availability CGI, it
reports all the downtime as unscheduled. Is there a way round this, as
management want this report for SLA purposes ?

Tim

--
Tim West, CAMS ICT Services
Warwickshire County Council