Master list of check_nt variables

James Turnbull james at lovedthanlost.net
Tue Jun 3 06:22:04 CEST 2003

Damien Manuel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The best way to make a list is to use ctrlist.exe from the M$ resource
> kit. When you run this on a server it will produce a list of counters
> that can be queried. Note, that the counter name varies based on
> version of M$ platform and software installed. If you want to find
> services to query on M$ platforms use the free tool called Typhon.
>
> I have listed some examples below:

Thanks for this tool.  It's great.  My problem now - and forgive me I am not
an M$ person - is how to work out the other bits like ARGS for the checks?

i.e. In:

# 'check_exch55_Out_queue' command definition
define command{
        command_name    Exch55_Out_Queue
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nt -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -v COUNTER -l "\\MSExchangeIMC\Queued Outbound","%.f
Messages in Queue" -p 1248 -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
        }

Where did you get the "%.f Messages in Queue" variable from?  And what do
you need to put as $ARG1$ and $ARG2$?

Apologies for the newbie-style question.  I just a point in the right
direction and I'll be fine!

Thanks

James Turnbull