Mathopd web servers

Sherwin Chua sherwin at infiniteinfo.com
Tue Jun 3 04:03:56 CEST 2003

Has anyone used Nagios to monitor Mathopd websites? I had no problem
setting up and monitoring websites using aolservers but did encounter
problems with mathopd. The error message I am getting is "Error in
recv()". It seems like nagios was unable to get any response from
mathopd.

Below are the details...

Entry under checkcommands file:
# 'check_http_www.website.com' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_http_website
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H www.website.com

Entry under services.cfg file:

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       livesite
        service_description             www.website.com
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           2
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http_website
        }

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sherwin Chua
Systems Administrator