[Nagios-users] HP/Compaq ILO and check_http

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Jun 3 02:16:48 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 08:36, Jens Kruse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anyone already checking the Webinterface of a HP/Compaq iLO Device of
> a Proliant Server lie i.e. the DL-360 G2?
>
> either
> 'check_http -H <hostname> -p 80'
> nor
> 'check_http -H <hostname> -p 443'
>
> gives me a satisfying result, which I had with the 'old' RILO-Card.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jens

Read the line above.

There have been issues with some embedded devices and previous versions
of check_http.

Without version info, I do know how many guesses I'm inclined to make or
how deeply I'm inclined the probe the issue.

For that matter, I cannot begin to fathom what you muight mean by saying
there was no satisfying result - did you timeout? Did it hang forever?
Didi you get a seg fault? Was there a ciritical or warning state? I
could go on.

But, to start, have you tried the --verbose option? What was the output?

Have you tried just running the seesion over telnet?

--
Karl