Late and "forgotten" checks

Marco Ciullini marco.ciullini at datamar.it
Thu Jul 31 09:59:46 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am running Nagios 1.1 on a P3 machine, with Linux RH7.3, 256 MB RAM
and SCSI disks.
Currently, Nagios is monitoring 140 services on 27 hosts:  94 active
services, and 46 passive, via NSCA.
All seems to work ok... but after 36 hours running, I have the following
situation: all passive services are ok, and some (apparently random)
active services have benn last checked 24 hours ago, and I see in the
scheduling queue: last checked ... (24 hours ago) next time check ...
(23 hours and 57 minutes ago). It seems that nagios forgot those services...
In the meanwhile, If I type ps -ef|grep nagios|wc on the server , I see
that there are over 800 nagios processes running!
Somenone can help me? what's going on?

--
Marco Ciullini

Datamar s.r.l.
Via Corsica 9/4 E
16128 Genova
tel +39 0105705806
fax +39 0105451440
http://www.datamar.it
mailto:marco.ciullini at datamar.it

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.