Process checks

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Jul 30 21:03:26 CEST 2003

5 minutes of researching the documentation --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/checkscheduling.html

> It doesn't make any sense, but I'm able to get a repeatable pattern
out of
> this by stopping nagios, removing the .log and .sav file and
restarting.
> Every time it gets to a downed host, it slows to a crawl. I am running
> Nagios 1.06b.

Also from that page --

"Also of note - when Nagios is check (sic) the status of a host, it
holds off on doing anything else (executing new service checks,
processing other service check results, etc). This can slow things down
a bit and cause pending service checks to be delayed for a while, but it
is necessary to determine the status of the host before Nagios can take
any further action on the service(s) that are having problems."

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/tuning.html