check_oracle tip

Rivanor P. Soares rivanor at linuxmail.org
Wed Jul 30 17:02:15 CEST 2003

Lonny,

I tried what you told me about exporting. But there wasn't an ORACLE_HOME var. exported.
I am using this, and it is working (I think it is!):

# checkcommands.cfg
define command{
        command_name    check_oracle
        command_line    sudo /bin/env -i "ORACLE_HOME=/home/acesso/OraHome1" $USER1$/check_oracle --tns $ARG1$
        }

>From /etc/sudoers:
nagios  localhost = NOPASSWD: /bin/env

All the times nagios do a 'check_oracle' is generated a log entry in /var/log/messages. But
it were expected. Instead not desired! :-}

What do you think about this solution? Is there any security hole on this?

Thanks,
	- Rivanor.