help

rahatpuri.singh at sgcib.com rahatpuri.singh at sgcib.com
Wed Jul 30 08:52:43 CEST 2003

 In  httpd  logs ie  access.log file the following   are the entries,
 the installaton doc  says to create  a nagiosadmin user  and password
using  the following command

htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin   , do i have
to  create  this user  being on the root or    su to nagios user

- - [30/Jul/2003:12:09:50 +051800] "GET
/nagios/sbin/status.cgi?hostgroup=all&style=grid HTTP/1.1" 404 117

IPADDRESS - - [30/Jul/2003:12:15:24 +051800] "GET
/nagios/sbin/status.cgi?host=all HTTP/1.1" 404 1196 "http://hostn.
ame/side.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)"
 - nagiosadmin [30/Jul/2003:12:17:01 +051800] "GET /nagios HTTP/1.1" 301
308 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)"
 - - [30/Jul/2003:12:17:01 +051800] "GET /nagios/ HTTP/1.1" 403 1055 "-"
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5
; Windows NT 4.0)

Regards
R.Shailendra Singh
TEL:(080) 8095142

|         |           "Marc Powell"    |
|         |           <mpowell at ena.com>|
|         |           07/29/03 07:40 PM|
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Rahatpuri SINGH/ia/socgen at socgen                                                             |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Nagios-users] help                                                                      |

The error you are receiving is a response from your web server
indicating that the username and password you are supplying are
incorrect. If you are absolutely certain that the username and password
you are using match what is in /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.user then
your web server may not be able to read the htpasswd.users file or it
may be corrupt. Was that file generated with the htpasswd command? Your
httpd error log might have some useful information. It could also be
that your web server is not set up properly to process htaccess although
I suspect that if you are being prompted for a username and password
that it is. I would review any documentation for your web server that
applies to configuring htaccess with it.

--
Marc

/usr/local/nagios/sbin/.htaccess