Problem with check_ntp

Mark D. Valpreda mark at insynclh.com
Wed Jul 30 02:42:30 CEST 2003

Have Nagios 1.0 running on two different machines. One running RedHat
7.3 and one running Solaris 5.8. They are both monitoring the same
services on the same servers. One just happens to be at our office, and
one is at the client. The RedHat box can do NTP checks no problem, but
the Solaris box gets this: "NTP UNKNOWN: Jitter too high" This is only
on 3 boxes, there are 6 other boxes that it checks just fine.

The check command is stock:

# 'check_ntp' command definition

define command{

        command_name    check_ntp

        command_line    $USER1$/check_ntp -H $HOSTADDRESS$

        }

Suggestions? I have searched newsgroups and google to no avail.

Thanks!