Converting to distributed monitoring

Mohammad Ghaeini mohammad at cerberian.com
Wed Jul 30 01:00:20 CEST 2003

I have just setup distributed monituring and converted my services to
use passive-service template, as follows:

define service{
        use                             passive-service
        host_name                       sp.eu
        service_description             CS
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              2
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  on-call
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_cs
        }

where passive-service template look like this:

define service{
        name                            passive-service
        active_checks_enabled           0
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1

        register                        0
        }

I then restarted the nagios process.

Now, this works only if I go to the Service Commands page and Disable
checks of this service.   Is this the way it should be?

Thanks,

-Mohammad