Monitoring NFS Mounts

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Jul 29 22:22:45 CEST 2003

> Hello,
> I am curius if anybody out there is monitoring NFS mounts in Nagios? I am
> currently looking to monitor if an NFS mount goes stale. Is anybody aware
> of a
> plug-in out there that is able to do this? Thank you in advance.

Hello Douglas,

   I check automounts (basically the same thing as you want to do) via
check_by_ssh.  I set up a test to use check_by_ssh to basically cat a
file in the nagios user's home directory (which is automounted on one
of our networks).  This file simply has the string "Automount OK" in
it.

   If the test is successful, "Automount OK" is displayed.  If it isn't,
it'll show the error that check_by_ssh returns.

Benny

--
"Corpsman:  Usually a young, long-haired, bearded, Marine hatin' Sailor
with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of hell to