Problem with statusmap

Raoni Timo de Castro raonit at trueaccess.com.br
Tue Jul 29 19:34:30 CEST 2003

Hi Nagios gurus,

I installed a Red Hat 7.3 Linux box with the needed libraries (libdg, libjpeg, libpng...) and its sources. Then I updated all packages with Red Hat up2date tool. I compiled and installed Nagios 1.0 (and plugins-1.3-beta) with the default settings (user nagios, group nagios, base dir /usr/local/nagios, etc - didn't pass any arguments). The service and host checks, as well as the notifications, are just fine. My problem is the statusmap cgi. It shows up using the circular layout I configured as default and the colors (red or green) reflect the actual host status, but the location where the .gd2 image should appear is filled by an empty square. The pop-up information (read from the hosextinfo.cfg file) is OK, including a .gif icon. I'd a 8.0 version of Red Hat installed and Nagios 1.1 with the exactly same problem (and config files).

Here goes an excerpt from my hostextinfo.

define hostextinfo{
	host_name nagios_server
	icon_image nagios.jpg
	icon_image_alt nagios.gif
	vrml_image nagios.png
	statusmap_image nagios.gd2
}

Did anyone has the same problem? Please help me.

Regards,

Raoni Castro.