Distributed Monitoring II

nagios-users nagios-users at lists.netways.de
Tue Jul 29 17:57:27 CEST 2003

Hi all !
Just now I have upgraded my Nagios installation on both the master and
the slave server to version number
1.1. I also installed the latest nsca version.
Still I can monitor nagios procs starting to hang around. After a couple
of minutes of ditributed monitoring I have already 60 procs
And the performance info in nagios tells me the nagios process is no
longer running ..... Status.log is no langer updated.
This problem must be a bug, or what am I doning wrong.
Both installations work as standalone very well.

Output of an strace :
emil:/home/nengel# strace -p 32756
write(5, "pdc-canon\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"...,
504

Anybody ?

Nik Engel