Question about Notification

Tue Jul 29 10:23:31 CEST 2003

Hello List,

my problem still exist. It get the notification just after the first failure
and not after the 5th try.
The failure is always a "CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds" using

check_ping!200.0,40%!500.0,80%

I'm just wondering why the timeout time is 10 seconds, i set it to
service_check_timeout=60 in nagios.cfg

The values in the service definition are

normal_check_interval    3
max_check_attempts      5
retry_check_interval       1

and i didn't changed the interval_length=60

So i get the host down notification immediately after the first check and
just a few seconds later the recovery notice.

This is very anoying since it happens mostly at night when out connection is
quite busy and i'm sleeping :-(

Has anyone any idea?

Andreas Husemann
AIH Service GmbH