check_oracle tip

Rivanor P. Soares rivanor at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 25 20:04:56 CEST 2003

Folks,

I know that this subject has been discussed so many times here, but searching the list archives I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I installed the Client for Users from Oracle 8i Enterprise CD.

I'm trying by this way:
# SERVICES.CFG
define service{
        host_name               sd3metro1
        service_description     Oracle
        check_command           check_oracle!10.21.200.7
<snip>

# CHECKCOMMANDS.CFG
define command{
        command_name    check_oracle
        command_line    /usr/bin/env -i "ORACLE_HOME=/home/acesso/OraHome1" $USER1$/check_oracle --tns $ARG1$
        }

The error, from web interface:
Cannot determine ORACLE_HOME for sid 10.21.200.7

When I try this check command typing in the shell (/usr/bin/env -i "ORACLE_HOME=/home/acesso/OraHome1" /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle --tns 10.21.200.7) the stdout is "OK - reply time 20 msec from 10.21.200.7".

Anyone could send me the syntax used to check remote oracle servers? Also telling me the environment configured.

You could answer in PVT too. Feel free...

Thanks!

Rivanor P. Soares [w3b_kn0ws]
LPIC-1, CCNA
Sao Paulo - SP