Could not locate a running Nagios process!

Marco A. Mateos specka at specka.com
Fri Jul 25 00:36:18 CEST 2003

Well, after recompiling nagios from src, and configure all hosts and
servcies, I see a link with this text:

"Warning: Monitoring process may not be running!
Click here for more info."

An click to see this:

"Process Status Information
Process Status:
  CRITICAL
Check Command Output:
Could not locate a running Nagios
process! "

Also, I see my logs, and I stop a servcie on one of my hosts. Crital
notificy see on web, but nagios not send any email.

Nagios 1.1.2 (mdk.src.rpm)
Nagios plugins 1.3.0
Apache 2.0.48
Mandkare 9.1 kernel 2.4.21-0.18