Changing Minimum Downtime

Carroll, Jim P [PCS] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Jul 24 19:32:31 CEST 2003

I don't find the 2 hour minimum annoying, as it's actually a set
2 hour period.  Not a minimum, not a maximum.

I also don't find the default 2 hour period to be annoying, either.
If I want it different, I just change it manually.  Usually I just
change the start time's hh:mm:ss to what I want it to be, and set
the end time's hh:mm:ss to what I want it to be.  If the end time
falls after midnight (whereas the start time is prior to midnight),
I adjust the date accordingly.  Sometimes the start time translates
to 'right this very moment', in which case I don't need to edit that
at all.

So let's say that you are personally interested in changing the
default time period to 1 hour.  If I had to deal with that time
period, I'd still be doing just as much typing as before.

But let's say that you're interested in a 'flexible' downtime.
After unchecking the Fixed checkbox, I would double-click in the
Hours box, type '1', and (after filling in the Comment field),
I would click on Commit.  I'm not sure how double-clicking in
the Hours box and typing a single keystroke would be annoying.

Since this doesn't strike me as annoying, either my annoyance
threshold is different than yours, or I'm completely overlooking
something.  Perhaps you could describe the specifics of the scenario
you're trying to deal with...?

jc