Nagios + mysql DB (Get it Right!)

Carroll, Jim P [PCS] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Jul 24 19:12:35 CEST 2003

True enough, but look near the top, under "2.0 Completed Features".  To wit:

7. DB support for retention data is being dropped
8. DB support for extended information is being dropped

Having said that, scroll down to "2.0 TODO".  Here's the good news:

"I plan on adding an external event interface that would dump all
service/host check info, alerts, downtime events, comments, etc.
from Nagios to an external daemon via a unix domain socket. The
daemon would then pass that data off to seperate user modules
(loaded at runtime) that would process the data anyway they please.
User modules will be able to register for different types of data
they want to receive from the daemon using callback functions. This
 will provide an easy way for people to write their own modules to
dump data in a DB, process performance data, etc. The event daemon
is currently in development, but will probably not be publicly
released until 2.0 is into the beta process."

Mmmm, DB....

jc