Startup problems Nagios

Bart Bockhoudt bart at bockhoudt.com
Thu Jul 24 16:15:47 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm new to Nagios, and I most probably have some common startup problems that most people have...  :)

I have installed Nagios-text 1.1 through apt on a Debian distribution and the plugins 1.3.1. It seems that all is running fine, but I keep getting the following error on the site when I click the monitor links:

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI

and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

I am logged in as "nagiosadmin", there is nothing wrong with the HTTP authentication, as far as I can see. Also no errors or access denied errors in the Apache logs. In the CGI.cfg the user nagiosadmin can access everything by default..

Please help!

Gr,

Bart