Question about Notification

Thu Jul 24 08:12:05 CEST 2003

Hello List,

i wonder when Nagios starts notification. We use Nagios 1.1 and if I
understood the manual right, the notification should start after the
max_check_attempts.

normal_check_interval    3
max_check_attempts      5
retry_check_interval       1

As I understood the man, Nagios should do 5 more checks with an delay of 1
minute before sending a notification? Are I'm wrong?
If i'm wrong, how can i force nagios the check the service 4 or 5 times
before sending any notification.

Next question:
I've seen this question before on the list, but no answer was given. Is it
possible to send warnings only per mail and critical events per mail and
pager?

Thank you in advance
Andreas Husemann
AIH Service GmbH