Service Escalations and notification_interval

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Wed Jul 23 17:32:25 CEST 2003

Thanks the reply,

I understand what you are saying about the notifications not occuring unless
a service check is preformed, but the retry_check_interval is 1.

The service templateit is based on is:

defineservice {
name                            standard-service
register                        0;
is_volatile                     0
check_period                    24x7
max_check_attempts              3
normal_check_interval           5
retry_check_interval            1
notification_interval           120
notification_period             24x7
notification_options            w,u,c,r
}

Surely that means that it will check the service once a minute once it is
critical? Unless the notification_interval is based on the
normal_check_interval?

I'll look into trying the hostgroup escalations for the escalation problem,
but it doesn't seem the most optimal solution, just a workaround.

Sam