fork() error. The check will be rescheduled.

Carroll, Jim P jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Jul 23 00:19:28 CEST 2003

Please follow-up all replies to the nagios-users list.

fork() isn't a bug in Nagios at all.  It's how well (or how poorly)
you've tuned Nagios.  And there's no practical limit to the number
of hosts or services that you define; your system will run out of
steam long before you hit any such limit.

It doens't sound like you've got too many hosts or services defined.
However, it's possible that it's checking too frequently.  Please refer
to the tuning link I provided in my first e-mail.  And make absolutely
certain that when you stop Nagios, that *all* the nagios procs have
exited.

HTH.

jc