Statusmap logical organization

Rivanor P. Soares rivanor at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 21 19:43:46 CEST 2003

I configured the 'parents' directive like the documentation tells me to do ("Parent hosts are typically routers, switches, firewalls, etc. that lie between the monitoring host and a remote hosts...")

But if I do it like this, things don't go right when I am using the "User-supplied coords" layout method. The structure of my network seems completely wrong. So, I changed as many as I could the 'parents' directives, reaching the layout I want, the real look my network has.

My question is, is this right? Or should I keep the right parents in hosts.cfg?

Thank you.

--
Rivanor P. Soares [w3b_kn0ws]
LPIC-1, CCNA