500 error

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Jul 20 00:18:35 CEST 2003

    Ben> I get a 500 Internal Server Error and when I look in the log it
    Ben> says: Premature end of script headers.  What should I do?

Well, if these were written in Python or Perl I'd suggest you look in your
web server's error log for a traceback.  You might still look to see if the
CGI script printed something to stderr before bailing out.

Just a wild ass guess: If your CGI scripts are dynamically linked, make sure
the CGI environment contains the information necessary to find the various
shared libraries (LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf+ldconfig, etc).

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/