Email notification problems

Shawn M. Green shawn at greenthing.org
Thu Jul 17 03:10:06 CEST 2003

I have nagios setup & monitoring about 30 hosts on our network.  Everything
works well except for the email notifications and pages (email SMS) being
sent out.  Here's a snip from the nagios.log with the particular error:

[1058403710] Warning: Attempting to execute the command "/usr/bin/printf
"%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: PROBLEM\n\nService: Current
Users\nHost: Monitoring Server\nAddress: 69.36.xx.xx\nState:
WARNING\n\nDate/Time: Wed Jul 16 20:01:50 CDT 2003\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\nUSERS WARNING - 5 users currently logged in" |  -s "** PROBLEM
alert - Monitoring Server/Current Users is WARNING **" 911 at xxxxxxxx.com"
resulted in a return code of 127.  Make sure the script or binary you are
trying to execute actually exists...

Nagios is running on a gentoo machine w/ sendmail installed & running fine
(other services sending email thru it just fine).  Also installed mailx, as
it's not a standard installed package.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shawn