Stale Service Checks

Brian Snead BSnead at infosysnetworks.com
Wed Jul 16 22:00:45 CEST 2003

I have searched the docs and faqs and have not been able to find an explanation for all the stale service checks I am getting. In my event log, I sometimes get 30 or more of these messages for different services, but when I check the performance of Nagios, I don't have any latency in executing of service checks and the max execution time of a service check seems reasonable (i.e. <10sec). These checks are not passive and are all being completed from a central server. Also, does the stale by 43 seconds in the message below mean it is 43 seconds past the threshold of 75 seconds?
	07-16-2003 15:45:48] Warning: The results of service 'Generic_Ping_Response' on host 'NEA_CAMAIL2' are stale by 43 seconds (threshold=75 seconds). I'm forcing an immediate check of the service.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Brian.