Problem Monitoring A Particular Process

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jul 16 17:40:15 CEST 2003

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your e-amil. The problem has been resolved. The issue was that
the process' actual name was ConquestDICOMServer.exe
rather than the truncated version that appeared in Task Manager. Once that
was corrected, Nagios was able to monitor the process successfully.

Regarding the problem you have described: I am running the NSClient program
on all our NT boxes. I have found this app to work well in Windows NT and
2000. The documentation is relatively straight-foward. If you are interested
in using this client program, here are the url's where you can download it:

http://nsclient.ready2run.nl/

http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/

Let me know how things go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Snead [mailto:BSnead at infosysnetworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:14 AM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.; nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Problem Monitoring A Particular Process

Andrew,

The check_nt_process requires an agent on the NT server. Are you running the
NRPE agent on the NT box? We have been burned by loading agents on customer
production servers, so we have chosen to utilize straight SNMP to monitor
the process. This doesn't require anything on the server except for the SNMP
service.

There is a patch plugin you can download from the plugin page called
check_snmp_procs. You can also get disk space utilization and processor
utilization directly from snmp.

Hope this helps.

Brian.