GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Jul 15 16:26:08 CEST 2003

Well, I ran the configure with the options mentioned, and it worked. So
I then ran make clean and re-ran configure without the '--with-gd-lib'
and '--with-gd-inc' options and this compiled just fine as well. So it
appears as though I did not need them, but YMMV so it probably wouldn't
hurt to use them.

I did install new JPEG libs, although I attempted an rpm update on the
zlibs and this did not install as it was the same version.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last question. If I'm interpreting it
correctly, then the answer is no, the gd and zlib files are not in the
same directory.

Don't be confused. If you haven't already tried what I mentioned earlier
(make clean, configure, recompile), then try that now. If it still does
not work, scroll up through the configure output until you see the point
where it fails. There are notes there outlining the steps to take when
encountering such a failure, such as running ldconfig to update the link
db. You may need to do this as well.

HTH.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 303.881.5157 (Mobile)