scheduling recurring downtime?

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 16:39:41 CEST 2003

I too am trying to accomplish this.  What I did, but
not quite working yet, is create two new timeperiods.
One called maintenence and another nonmaintenence.
Then fill the times in as appropriate.  Create two
services as well, one for maintenence, and another for
nonmaintence.  Do whatever checks you need during this
time.  YOu can then turn off notifications or tailor
them as needed during your maintenence period.  The
major drawback to this idea is that you have to have
two services for each 1 service, one for nonmaintence
and another for the maintenence period.  I hope there
is a clever way to get around this.

--- Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

> One machine here gets rebooted every Sunday at 1PM.
> It's down for a couple
> minutes at most, but our in-house monitor still
> notices.  More generally,
> our regular maintenance window is Sunday from 1AM to
> noon, so machines are
> sometimes taken down then.  When I switch over to
> Nagios I'd like to avoid
> such spurious notices.  I know how to schedule a
> specific downtime period.
> Is there a way to schedule a recurring downtime
> short of setting up a cron
> job to submit it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Skip Montanaro
> Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/
> Got spam? http://spambayes.sf.net/

> ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version
> (-v) and OS when reporting any issue.
> ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being
> sent to /dev/null

=====
Terry