SNMPPD Compile

Michael S. Kazmier mkazmier at sofast.net
Fri Jul 11 21:56:22 CEST 2003

I wanted to start polling a lot of devices a lot more frequently, so I was
looking at utilizing the SNMPPD package.  On my NMS machine I run net_snmp,
nagios, mrtg and few other NMS tools, so I should have all necessary
packages, however, running ./configure for the SNMPPD (both 0.4.1 and 0.4.2)
I get the following error:

configure: error: Cannot find SNMP header files under

Any help would be appreciated.  I thought I remembered reading somewhere
about some perl modules that had to be installed, I looked back through as
much documentation as I could find and could not find the info.

Thanks,

--Kaz