Adding users without contactgroups

Irene Sakellarakis irenes at wolfram.com
Fri Jul 11 17:01:52 CEST 2003

I have a user (manager) who wants to be able to see all host and service
entries on Nagios. He is not in any of our contact groups, nor do we want
to put him in one. I've given him permission in cgi.cfg to view all
services and hosts, but he still can't log in.

I don't think it's an apache problem, as he can load the home page for
nagios. He get a permission denied error when he clicks on the services or hosts link.

Do I need to add him into a contact group or maybe I just need to define
him as a contact?

We're using ldap to authenticate our users rather than htaccess, if that
makes a big difference.

Thanks,
Irene