[Nagios-users]

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Fri Jul 11 16:36:10 CEST 2003

>/usr/bin/rsh thentservername net start \"Spooler\"
>
>How can I have nagios enter the servername by reading the value of the
>$HOSTADRESS$ variable ?

Depending on how you have your active directory/nt4 domain structure set
up, they should respond as an IP (as in \\10.10.0.1). If not, you can make
sure that /etc/hosts is up to date and use a hostname instead of an IP
address for $HOSTADDRESS$. I'd definitely want it to be the former, but the
latter is a workable solution, just requires a wee bit more maintenance.

Also, if you're passing this to an external command, why not just add
another argument for the servername?

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net