Monitor Checkpoint VPN links

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Thu Jul 10 00:21:50 CEST 2003

>My knowledge of accessing a CP FW is slim to none (and Slim just
>left the building).  However, if there is some way of getting into
>it remotely (eg, ssh session), and if there's a way to issue a
>CP FW command to make the necessary queries, then it stands to
>reason that you could write a Nagios plugin script to gather
>and report as required.

It's always an ugly hack, but one can do just about anything with "expect".
I'd suggest using ssh keys tho, rather than putting your ssh password in
cleartext in the scriptfile.

Never found anything expect won't work with, never found anything expect is
my first choice for ;)

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net