check-host-alive doesn't work for 2 devices

lists-nagios at host.ie lists-nagios at host.ie
Wed Jul 9 17:33:24 CEST 2003

Hi,
Replying to my own query, I found a silly workaround for this problem.
Add a service (fictional or otherwise - my ESR switches don't have any
services on them) for the host and suddenly it starts to do the
check-host-alive check and comes up fine.

Now I have a service that needs to be disabled for it to work!

Rgds,
Paraic
www.host.ie